Thursday, February 14, 2019

The Miracle Of My Corolla

 

This is my beloved 2000 Toyota Corolla LE. I bought it almost 12 years ago. I love this car. Toyota is an excellent automaker and I like everything they do.
  
The Corolla is a miracle. People I have never met, who don't know me, built her for me. Just for me. Their minds, genius, creativity, labor, money, energy, time, blood, sweat and tears all went into creating this amazing machine for me. I couldn't build one like this if my life depended on it. I drive her everywhere in all kinds of weather. She is bullet-proof, well-built and uber-reliable. She is torquey and sprightly and fun to drive and good on gas. She is comfortable, elegant, and quiet. She is technologically sophisticated. She is understated and capable.

All I had to do was pay a man a modest sum of money, and she was mine. Just like that.

Every machine you own, in fact every physical thing you own was built just for you by someone and you should be thankful also.
 
Your PCs, your Android smartphones, your iPhones, your gaming consoles, your houses, your toasters, your furniture, your cities, your fire hydrants, your refrigerators, your Taco Bells, and of course your cars; most any physical thing you can name is a small miracle unto itself. You should be thankful for the material things you have in your life, and the amazing people who created them.

(If you thought you could see Ayn Rand poking through my consciousness here, you were right.)

(Addendum- my beloved Corolla was involved in an accident over a year ago, fixed by the shop but unfortunately "bricked" by that shop. She was replaced by my new/old 2003 Camry. All the above applies to her, too.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment